The landscape of eCommerce in Cameroon has drastically changed in the last 3 years. After being concentrated on classified websites like Kerawa or Sellamquick, the business has evolved toward a more traditional model with the arrival of Wandashops in 2012. The company created by the webmarketer Anaise Tchienda went beyond simply connecting buyers and sellers by selling their own products and including home and/or office delivery in their offer. Then more international companies like Africa Internet Group or Casino Group settled in Cameroon, offering a wider variety of e-business services and in a more scalable way with marketplaces, online retail, hotel reservation, real estate and so much more. Our bet is the eCommerce sector will continue to grow in Cameroon, and will drive deep changes in consumer usages and adjacent activities like mobile payments and postal services.
Kaymu, the leader ecommerce website in Cameroon presents the infographic on ecommerce trend in Cameroon. The results of this study are based on Cameroon e-commerce figures from 2014-2015 and projections for 2016.
In this infographics (in FR) you will learn that :
- Internet penetration rate in Cameroon is 11%,
- The biggest online shoppers in Cameroon are 25-34 years old
- Men use more e-commerce services that women (61%)
- After Douala and Yaoundé, the two cities that concentrate the biggest volumes of orders (besides the capitals) are Bafoussam (10%) and maroua (9%)
- Thursday is the day with the highest traffic day on e-commerce websites
So what are the statistics that surprised you the most and why ? How do you think it could impact your business?
You liked it? If yes, please share this article to your friends and colleagues!