Welcome, and thank you for stopping by!
Doual’art Gallery – Cameroon
My name is Candace Nkoth Bisseck, I am a world citizen from Africa, aspiring yogi and travel lover with a passion for personal development and innovation. My work is at the intersection of digital entrepreneurship, knowledge sharing (consulting, coaching, workshop facilitation, training ) and international development, with a particular interest in women empowerment.
- Digital Business: I have worked as a digital and innovation consultant in Europe and Asia, and in Africa. I later ran an online business startup in Cameroon that later became Jumia. My team and I helped thousands of local entrepreneurs to generate additional income by training them to use the Internet and digital tools to sell beyond their physical store and cities. This work has earned me recognition from the press and several key players in the industry. Among other things, I had the honour of being ranked 1st on a Forbes list of 30 young African changemakers.
- Development: Since 2015, I have worked with institutions such as the United Nations, the WTO and various government bodies in Europe and Africa. My role in each of these engagements was, among others, to highlight how the digital economy could be a tool for social and economic development in developing countries.
- Women empowerment: I help ambitious women from developing countries to build their professional and entrepreneurial success stories. I support their growth through coaching, mentoring and workshops, among others through my company Black Roses Mentors. I have facilitated workshops for professional women for organisations such as L’Oréal and Caterpillar, led an initiative targeting women digital entrepreneurs (eTrade for Women) for the United Nations. My investment in women’s professional development has earned me the 2017 McKinsey Next Generation Women Leaders Award.
- Coaching: My passion for knowledge sharing, entrepreneurship and social impact has allowed me to realize one of my student dreams: to learn and work for Stanford University. As a transformation facilitator for the Stanford Seed program, I have led workshops and coached African SME leaders from different sectors to scale up their businesses using innovation. Several years prior to that, while to studying in business school and on the side of my consulting job, I started a coaching freelance business, helping business school students and applicants to structure their professional project and make their presentations more compelling. I have also got the pleasure to be a lecturer in the field of Innovation and creativity, Digital Marketing and e-Commerce for Bachelor and Master students in Cameroon.
Would you like to work with me, or invite me to speak at your event? Simply send me a message via LinkedIn.
I hope you find here answers to your questions, valuable information and/or some form of entertainment, because why not! And to find out more about my work, please feel free to check below the articles, interviews and other publications (in French and in English) in which I have been featured, as well as the awards and recognition I received for my work.
Candace Nkoth Bisseck
Candace Nkoth for Inspire Afrika
2. Press & Media
3. Awards & Honours
- Best Innovation 2010 Award for a series of digital services designed for the French company La Poste (postal services)
- Ranked 1st in Forbes Afrique 2015 ranking of 30 African change-makers (read the full article here)
- Young and Dynamic Executive 2016 Award from the Cameroonian Youth for Development Association
- McKinsey Next Generation Women Leaders 2017 award for my online coaching service project targeting women
- Selected by the Obama Foundation as a member of the program “Leaders: Africa” in 2018, and as a returning leader (mentor/speaker) in 2019.
Media, businesses, NGOs & event organisers: Would you like to work with me or invite me to speak at one of your event? Simply send me a message via LinkedIn.
Entrepreneurs & professionals: Would you like to transform your career, clarify your entrepreneurial project, structure your business for growth, or develop your personal brand and attract better opportunities? Let me know how I can help you via this form.